Sallie Mae - Hated it | Glassdoor

"Hated it"

I worked at Sallie Mae full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offer good pay, vacation time, sick leave and 401k. The health and dental plans have a low monthly contribution.

Cons

If you work in the call center you will be treated like a number and not a person. You are even timed when you go to the bathroom. They say they like to promote from within but after nearly 4 years there I was never given the opportunity. Eventually my job was shipped overseas.

Advice to Management

Your attendance policy is aweful. Oh it is also not cool to have your phone reps train people from India where you eventually ship their job and lay them off...

Other Employee Reviews for Sallie Mae

1. "Great company to work for."

Pros

Sallie Mae is a great company to work for. The benefits are good, the people are dedicated and pleasant to work with, and the work environment is challenging but very supportive.

Cons

As a financial services company, the culture is very conservative. Many employees have been there a long time. Would like to see more of a culture of innovation.

2. "Think before you leap....."

Pros

The benefits are comporable with other organizations of a similar size such as health care, dental, vision and paid time off.

Cons

If you are interested in working for a corporate giant, this is the place for you. Senior Management is concerned with one thing - cutting costs and keeping share price up. Overall, I do not feel my opinions matter, nor are my ideas taken seriously. It was extremely disappointing when Sallie Mae purchased the organization that I was working for several years ago.