Sallie Mae - I love this job! | Glassdoor

"I love this job!"

Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sallie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing management, from Team Leads to Supervisors to upper management. The starting pay is excellent, the monthly bonuses are great, they give retroactive overtime bonuses every quarter, and the top 10% of reps get to make their own schedule. Any 40 hours, coming and going as they please. Plus all the overtime you could reasonably ask for, lots of free snacks given out by supervisors, and when we as a company were the top servicer for the quarter, we were treated to an amazing Thanksgiving-style buffet. They really care about their employees and it shows.

Cons

You are required to work 4 hours of OT one Saturday morning each month. I don't have a problem with this personally, but I can understand how it wouldn't be looked upon favorably by some.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! This is the best job I've ever had and it's all because of you!

Other Employee Reviews for Sallie Mae

1. "great company with generous rewards"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sallie Mae full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lots of activity while working made it great and challenging atmosphere

Cons

as with most collection companies there are those who would try to benefit from your own hard work

Advice to Management

listen to your employees

"Job OK, Management TERRIBLE"

Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Sallie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is easy as a collections agent. The benefits are really good and premium isn't bad.

Cons

The training is terrible and extremely short. What you learn in training and what management wants is completely different and changes daily. Management is a disgrace, especially my manager. She was 20 years old, which wouldn't normally be a problem, but she was completely incompetent and had NO people skills. The co-workers are miserable, but I can understand why. Their systems and SOP's are beyond messed up. No leadership or communication. Just really a bad place for someone who has a brain.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself and every manager below you and start fresh. You have some great collections specialists but morale is so low because management is so bad.