SalonCentric - What A Mess! | Glassdoor

"What A Mess!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Richfield, MN
Former Employee - Store Manager in Richfield, MN

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product discount, great customers, product knowledge.

Cons

I have never worked with upper management that is so unprofessional and disrespectful in my life. After working here its clear they do not care about employees at the store level. Upper management wants everyone to follow along blindly and If anyone questions anything they will do anything to get rid of you. I watched it happen over and over again. The hours you're expected to work verses the pay is not worth it. Zero support from upper management. Extremely high turnover rate in our area. No communication.

Advice to Management

Have some integrity and really take a look at the things going on at store level. All of your employees corporation wide need to have the same "Big Picture" as the end goal. If we all know where we are headed then it's easier for us all to work together and get there. Communicate! Give support! Listen!

Other Employee Reviews for SalonCentric

1. "Assistant manager"

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much of any I can even think of .

Cons

Too much expected with too little staff . Unrealistic goals set for stores with no staff and no product in stock. Company is unorganized and communication with corporate is horrible. No consideration for employees who work hard and bend schedules to comply with last minute demands of the upper management . By the way there is suppose to be no over time however when these last minute changes occur it's "ok" but then counts against you later as it affects you bonus because the stores allotted hours are not with in their labor module . It's a very large company that makes a lot of money but has none to share with its employees . Your told by your district manager you made bonus but then later they come up with a BS reason why bonus wasn't made . Comes in and buys small businesses then pushes out the old employees good or not . I believe this is because they know these employees know the difference between work for a company that is good and one that is bad . Could be a great company if changes where made but I don't think that will happen . Typical example of how corporate and higher ups have no clue what they are doing and are not familiar with the customers they are serving and the needs of them and good employees .

Advice to Management

This isn't regular retail . You are serving a group of professional customers and have a staff of professionals as well ; might be nice if we all where treated as such. More staff will equal more profit and happier employees who aren't over worked and under paid ! Also it would help if the stock in the store was sufficient for the region you are serving . What sells in FL may not sell in the North East . Most of us know our customers first names , their kids names ,and what they use , want and would be interested in yet there is no control given to store management or staff in getting these items on our shelves . Oh wait there is but it takes a ridiculous amount of time and research to fill out a form or do some kind of report to find out that the stock level on popular products ( in a specific location) has some how defaulted to a 0/0 stock level ! Stupid and illogical is all I can say .

"I enjoy my job, we are simply not paid enough."

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the fact that we are open Monday-Saturday and the latest time we are open is 7:00p.m., there are great contest that include money as well as trips and I enjoy getting to know the customers.

Cons

There seems to be a disconnect between corporate and the stores. I sometimes think corporate thinks things look good on paper, but in all reality no one in corporate has worked in a store so they are sometimes clueless as to what can/cannot be accomplished in what is sometimes a 2 hour notice.

Advice to Management

There is a lot asked of the stores, from the DM's to the Manager's and staff and everyone is grossly underpaid. This is especially when you compare our salaries to those of other companies.