Salvation Army - Work here - You'll love it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army

"Work here - You'll love it"

Current Employee - Secretary in Wauwatosa, WI
Current Employee - Secretary in Wauwatosa, WI

Pros

Everyone is so nice to work with. There's a real team effort in our office. Everyone is very friendly, very helpful and enjoy each other. Our hours are very flexible, they want to accommodate our needs.

Cons

I can't think of anything. There really is no downside to working for The Salvation Army that I can think of. They are very accommodating. My boss is the best. He's understanding, gives us the tools to do our jobs and trusts our judgment.

Advice to Management

Discipline the corps officers that don't follow directions. I don't understand why some corps officers and some officers at DHQ are allowed to be stubborn and not follow the rules.

Other Employee Reviews for Salvation Army

"Join the Salvation Army!"

Current Employee - Co-Commanding Officer in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Co-Commanding Officer in Springfield, MA

Pros

Because it is a calling and not just a job, it is the only one for me! I enjoy the variety and the type of people that you meet each day. I love working with children and seeing them advance in school and music (both which we provide tutoring for) and the appreciation of people who are in need and having that need supplied. On Sundays, we minister to those who have a spiritual need and long for fellowship. It is a great way to help others and at the same time grow and learn about yourself. If given the opportunity again, I would certainly do it again!

Cons

Work is hard and long and money doesn't come it regularly to meet the needs of programs.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open and thank you!

"Not a people's Army, just an Officer's Army"

Current Employee - Community Center Director in Lake Worth, FL
    Current Employee - Community Center Director in Lake Worth, FL

Pros

When they are really helping people, that is great, but they can't do a lot because of their finances.

Cons

If you are salary, they take advantage of you and you are required to work long hours with no compensation. No appreciation is shown for your efforts. TOO MUCH hieharchy, they forget they are ministers and become GOD. No team work, do as I say not as I do.

Advice to Management

More communication with employees. Stick to a decision, don't sway from it. Don't be control freak, there are others with great suggestions and motives for the advancement and betterment of The Salvation Army. Don't be afraid to venture out to new ways to raise funds for the operations.