Salvation Army - generosity of spirit and services is beyond compare | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Salvation Army

"generosity of spirit and services is beyond compare"

Former Employee - Kettle Coordinator in Lewes, DE
Former Employee - Kettle Coordinator in Lewes, DE

I worked at Salvation Army part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hearing and seeing the joy and appreciation you get for doing what you love...helping those in need. From veterans to little kids, the gratitude and excitement the SA brings at X-Mas is unparalleled.

Cons

Toe numbness during kettling, LOL!

Advice to Management

each state should have its own pg, incl. DE and MD

Other Employee Reviews for Salvation Army

1. "The Salvation Army needs to be consistent with their hiring practices & in which they treat their employees once hired."

Former Employee - Associate in Walled Lake, MI
    Former Employee - Associate in Walled Lake, MI

I worked at Salvation Army full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The store staff and employees were terrific to work with, but there store staff has no say in the decisions made by the Human Resources Division of the Eastern Michigan District.

Cons

I have a Michigan felony conviction from decades ago At the time I was hired in to The Salvation Army I made note of this on my job application; at my interview I made note of this as well; and, at my orientation, I again made note of it. Still later it came up, and I was again open and honest regarding my background. After seven and a half weeks, and giving the organization 110%, I was abruptly terminated in mid-shift. During my employment there was even discussion of my becoming a manager in training.

The Salvation Army’s motto is: “Doing the most good.” Shame on them for treating me or anyone else with anything less than the dignity and respect they deserve.

Advice to Management

Do not terminate good employees. If the employee has told the truth, you've done the background check, then why discriminate against them weeks or months later? How would you feel if you were in the same position? I put my past behind me decares ago, aparently The Salvation Army is still making the same old mistakes. If they've done it to me, they've done it to others.

2. "First hand knowlege or oganization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Salvation Army part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cant say anything good about the organization.

Cons

Business run with free merchandise selling for the highest price. Clothing is unwashed but pressed flat fo re-sale. Men picked up at the court system are housed and forced as labor in retail stores and forced to aplly for food stamps and relinquish monies back to organization.

Advice to Management

Upper management are self appointed majors. Shame on you, our soldiers earn that title.