Sam's Club - Feels Like a Family | Glassdoor

"Feels Like a Family"

Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS in State College, PA
Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS in State College, PA

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The club I worked at was nice for the most part. Everyone seemed to get along and was willing to help each other. The managers at our store were always willing to help.

Cons

Although the managers were willling to help they sometimes had to be asked numerous times for something to get done. Plus memberships and credit applications are the main focus. Sometimes our bosses pushed so hard it made people break. For example, if the cashiers met or exceeded a goal management would say "Good, but now do more". It made employees feel like even if they do their jobs well it wasn't' good enough.

Advice to Management

Employees get discouraged and frustrated when all they hear is more pushing of Plus and credit. We understand the importance of it, but it's hard to want to do your job when you don't feel good enough. Also, I worked in a smaller club and we were constantly being compared to larger stores with a higher member count. I think percentages should be used to track a clubs progress.

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

"Hardest cashier job ever had"

Current Employee - Cashier in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Instead of joining a health club I would recommend working at Sam's. You would save on annual fee and get fit at the same time.

Cons

Have to sell memberships, plus memberships, renewals and credit applications in addition to pushing product across the scanner.

Advice to Management

Salary is not commensurate with what a cashier is expected to do.

"New schedule"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nothing good at this time.

Cons

Telling us that they don't have hours for your department. But want you to push your team to work harder and smarter with out getting hurt and just get the work out on the floor. Sad that you know your department makes money but they don't care how much you make. You only get so many hours for that department. So you have to push your team so hard they are getting hurt and they tell you that's there job and they need to push them self.

Advice to Management

Treat Teamleader with respect instand of doormats and robots. Quit push them to coach there team if they don't hurry up and fill the floor. What happen to respecting the invidual in stand of making money. That's all you worry about.