Sam's Club - Tire Department overall club | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

"Tire Department overall club"

Current Employee - Tire & Battery Tech in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Tire & Battery Tech in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is usually above the minimum wage starting which is really good. As long as you do your job you "should" be ok. Tire department is known as a safe zone for the most part since most managers don't bother too much with the tire department. Cashiers tend to be the ones that everyone is after since they are required to get members to upgrade their memberships.

Cons

There are times when management gets on your case over little issues in the tire department. If you are on the floor expect way more involvement with management. For full timers the job pays very well but if your part time there is a risk of random hour cuts resulting in 30 hrs one week and 15 hours another. Its also very hard to call out sick even when policy tells you to not come in if your ill.

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

"Feels Like a Family"

Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Checkout Supervisor, COS in State College, PA

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The club I worked at was nice for the most part. Everyone seemed to get along and was willing to help each other. The managers at our store were always willing to help.

Cons

Although the managers were willling to help they sometimes had to be asked numerous times for something to get done. Plus memberships and credit applications are the main focus. Sometimes our bosses pushed so hard it made people break. For example, if the cashiers met or exceeded a goal management would say "Good, but now do more". It made employees feel like even if they do their jobs well it wasn't' good enough.

Advice to Management

Employees get discouraged and frustrated when all they hear is more pushing of Plus and credit. We understand the importance of it, but it's hard to want to do your job when you don't feel good enough. Also, I worked in a smaller club and we were constantly being compared to larger stores with a higher member count. I think percentages should be used to track a clubs progress.

"Hardest cashier job ever had"

Current Employee - Cashier in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Instead of joining a health club I would recommend working at Sam's. You would save on annual fee and get fit at the same time.

Cons

Have to sell memberships, plus memberships, renewals and credit applications in addition to pushing product across the scanner.

Advice to Management

Salary is not commensurate with what a cashier is expected to do.