Sam's Club - Working at the Club has it's benefits, if it's what you want to do. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

"Working at the Club has it's benefits, if it's what you want to do."

Current Employee - Electronics Associate in Matteson, IL
Current Employee - Electronics Associate in Matteson, IL

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-OK starting pay
-Relatively easy to transfer departments
-Casual corporate attitude (Example: everyone all the way up to the CEO is addressed by their first name)
-If it's the career you wish to pursue, there is always room to move up the ladder, either in the clubs or on the organizational/corporate level
-If you just need a college job (like me), many part-time positions are flexible with availability

Cons

-Like many large corporations, the company is slow to react to situations

Advice to Management

I feel like there isn't enough vertical communication from the ground level up to the strategic level. I can't tell you how many times I receive a plan from Home Office and immediately knew that there were going to be problems with this plan.

PS: Holiday electronics tables are a waste of time/wages.

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

"Going downhill fast..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers for the most part, they will work with you when it comes to your availability if you are a student. Management will reward you for your hard work. Convenience of free membership which I steadily use to buy groceries and such.

Cons

The clientele is really crappy, they try their hardest to cut costs by cutting people's hours, the health insurance plans are an absolute joke, not providing part timers with dental insurance and with sky high deductibles. They push the Plus memberships hard and threaten the jobs of people who don't get them. Management at my store are absolutely lazy and spend their time trying to police departments other than their own.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your associates, stop treating them like slaves and like they're useless and you'll see a higher morale.

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Member Greeter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Member Greeter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Works really well with school schedules

Cons

sometimes they can just move you anywhere meaning they can promote you any time or demote you at any time