Sam's Club - "Almost 20 years of taking care of members/associates"- the only thing that hasn't changed! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

""Almost 20 years of taking care of members/associates"- the only thing that hasn't changed!"

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to advance, numerous fields to pick from, good benefits, company stability, and strong sustainability, diversity and community involvement.

Cons

"Wholesale/Retail" = weekends, nights and holidays!

Advice to Management

It all comes back to personal accountability this includes management, hourly etc

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

1. "It's retail, what'd you expect?"

Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a fairly easy going position. There's almost always something to do to keep you busy. There is some physical work involved but nothing too strenuous. There are always people to talk to and I have some level of autonomy.

Cons

I don't get to make my own schedule and there are some nights that I close and then open the next morning. If you have loved ones who work regular hours say goodbye to them and if you want a weekend off you better ask for it off 4 months in advance. Most of your friends will become other retail employees simply because that's who's available to do things when you're off. Also, It'd be nice if I made more money.

Advice to Management

Make more regularly set schedules.

2. "Be a Seller"

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere can be fun. Hours are flexible for school schedules and you can frequently get off for school events on the weekend if you ask far enough in advance. Also, depending on your club, call-ins aren't a huge deal.

Cons

You have to be able to keep up all of your numbers in membership renewals (which start being counted for or against you 6 weeks before members are due to renew), credit cards sales, and plus membership upgrades. You can lose your job over this or be marked as "in need of improvement" on evaluations to keep you from earning a raise repeatedly. There is no "section" on evaluations and write-ups for sales, but they can count it as not communicating to customers. And don't think they will move you if you're not doing well because more often than not, they leave you. Bottom line: Don't be a Sam's Club cashier if you cannot sell something, whether you think it is worth it or not. If you can though, it's rewarding for you.

Advice to Management

Stop being so caught up in numbers for renewals, credits, and pluses. Even the top sellers hate selling and many customers have tried the program or credit card at least once already.