Sam's Club - A place to gain a foothold in life and will help accomplish your goals | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

"A place to gain a foothold in life and will help accomplish your goals"

Current Employee - Night Merchandiser in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Night Merchandiser in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard and gain knowlegde of the internal workings of the club the availabitly to move into a higher paying positon or supervisor position is easy to get.

Cons

teamwork is something that needs to be encourage but is not something to be expected regardless of what is said there about teamwork.

Advice to Management

management needs to be more attentive to there inspections as well as do more in an eight hour day than talk about their personal lives. i would say they need to be more focused to better utilize their position.

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

1. "Great experience; fun atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team dynamics are great for young members of workforce. The leadership instill good work values and ethics in all the associates.

Cons

I have none. I resigned for personal reasons.

"Sam's Club Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Seems like each club goes through a new GM every few years, so if you're not a fan of the current one, they might not be there long. I think I remember when I started there someone mentioning that they do that so it stays "Sam's Club," and not "Mike's Club," etc. Usually pretty flexible with schedule while I was in school. And as long as I gave notice far enough in advance (3 weeks) time off wasn't usually a problem. If your club does well, there is a yearly bonus. They just increased it this past year to a max of $2500 for full time $1250 for part time. Lots of different positions available. (I've worked 7 or so in my time)

Cons

Each new manager has "their way," of doing it. 90% of the time they require you to do it "their way," even if another way is better/more efficient/etc. Lots of turn around. Retail during the holidays is the worst. I've had a few good and a few bad GM's. They move around after a few years. My current GM gave us a list of black out dates (mostly the weekends before and after major holidays, all of November and December, and the entire month when we do our yearly audit.) Added up to be something like 100+ blackout days. On your feet all day. Managers always changing their minds. (For example "I want all the TV's on this aisle facing west." and after you've spent an entire day moving everything they change it the next day. And they something else shortly after) Make us take classes so that we know company policies, but when a customer only slightly complains, the manager overrides the policy making the associate look like an ass. Why have us try to enforce rules when you're just going to break them? (Ex. Someone trying to return a 3 years after the 90 day return policy). No consistency between managers. Full time positions are rare and the person has to have 100% open availability. Sometimes that means switching to nights, back to days, and back to nights in the same week. If a full time associate leaves, almost always is replaced with 2 part timers.