Sam's Club - 10 month old Cashier at sam's club | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sam's Club

"10 month old Cashier at sam's club"

Current Employee - Sam's Club in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Sam's Club in Plano, TX

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job duty, friendly co worker, and clean work place.
The managers respect my feedback and are quick to respond for improvements.
The customers usually are kind and appreciated with my service. Time goes very fast when I am serving the customer best I know how. When the sincere gratitude is presented to me, my life feel worthy living.

Cons

The lazy workers who company can not find enough reasons to fire often are those been there too long and forget how lucky they are to have their easy paid job. Low quality in their job performance pull the quality of service down. Some people work very hard but gets upset because team work are not there to support them.

Advice to Management

Please do not come to visit the club, just review any day in the club recorded on Video camera daily to beter quality control and improve associate work behavior. Too many wasted money on investing in the associate who come to work to try their best to not do anything at all.
Every time when headquarter people came to the club, people never help me in front line all show up to help. I thought their job is just stay at their office or break room eat and chat all
day.

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

"very high stress"

Current Employee - Meat Team Leader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Meat Team Leader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

benefits are decent, job security for hourly associates is good, all you really have to do is show up for work on time and do your job.

Cons

Growth is not very good. From what hourly associates see how management is treated most don't have any desire to promote.

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals for your management team. Stop all the harassment and constant threats. Get connected with the Associates what happen to CBWA?? the company has really taken a turn for the worst, my guess is greed and the lack of values. Since the Waltons have passed the company has really lost its culture. All these Ivy Leaguers are killing the company!

2. "Great place to learn"

Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-pay
    -meeting new members
    -supports small businesses
    -very nice managers, supervisors, team leaders and associates
    -flexible schedule
    -free membership for you and a friend, wife, parents, etc...

Cons

-Sometimes they forget to give you a break
    -they want a lot of upgrades and renewals, but as long as your trying your fine.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job. Most of the managers are very nice, respectful and they care about us and the members