Sam's Club - MMSM | Glassdoor

"MMSM"

Current Employee - MMSM in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - MMSM in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Drive membership sales, support local managers and associates

Cons

Very pressure filled, only #s matter, hours and travel are long

Other Employee Reviews for Sam's Club

1. "Average internship experience"

Current Intern - Field Intern in Dearborn, MI
    Current Intern - Field Intern in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Sam's Club as an intern

Pros

Good for someone who want to have a carreer in retail. Lot of volunteering activities, customer service and sales training.

Cons

Litle room for growth opportunities
    Low pay

2. "Good pay....but no work life balance"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As an assistant manager the salary is good. I love working with my associates and teaching them how to grow within the company. Get a nice bonus if your club is profitable. Nice 401k matching and stock purchasing.

Cons

No work life balance. Need more payroll budget. Company doesn't know your strengths and places you in different management roles that doesn't necessarily meet the needs of the business. I originally wanted to become an assistant manager so that I could work as a Fresh Assistant Manager in which I had knowledge in since I was an associate. Two years later and yet to become a Fresh Manager, instead placed as a grocery manager, then Front End Manager and now a Membership Manager. They keep rotating us but the whole reason I became a manager was so that I could be a Fresh Manager.

Advice to Management

Advice to market managers and regional managers......We are a member based club and you want us to provide legendary member service. How can we provide that with the payroll budget that is given. We keep growing our member base but we do not see increased payroll to provide legendary member service. Maybe you need to look into cutting back in other areas instead of payroll. It takes money to make more money. If we had more payroll then we could provide that legendary service that you all are always preaching about.