Samsung Austin Semiconductor - Manufacturing | Glassdoor

"Manufacturing"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Specialist in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Manufacturing Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work with little or no experience and hourly pay is decent. Benefits, including bonuses, were decent. Good amount of optional overtime. Good cafeteria, break areas, gym. Work 4 days on, 3 days off, 3 days on, 4 days off.

Cons

Bonuses subject to economic downturns in a highly volatile industry. Gossipy. Work 12 hr shifts. 2008 was a bad year to work there - lots of layoffs soon after

Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

"Horrible place to work!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time

Pros

Benefits and pay are good. So good they have put many of us in a bind so we cannot leave even though we desperately want to.

Cons

For the most part you have to be Korean or male to move up. That's been proven repeatedly and in several departments.

The turnover is terribly high. They can't keep the good people and many of the good people who stay are because they have to because it's impossible financialy to leave.

The sad part is that departments hold outside events and call them GWP and require individuals to go. Nobody should be made to attend a drinking party or a dinner at a restaurant they don't like or a hockey game they don't care to see, etc. People have families and lives outside of work and should not be forced to attend anything outside of work with people we don't care to share personal time with.

If you don't attend these functions it's held against us in our reviews. And management shows favoritism to the few who choose to go.

Advice to Management

Treat your team with respect. We make you who you are and that is to easily forgotten. Work is work and we should leave it there. You cannot require attendence of employees to functions outside of work and try to call it GWP. That is contradictory. Absolutely nothing about being forced to do something or face consequences makes this a Great WorkPlace!!

"not a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Engineer II in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Austin, TX

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits is pretty good overall.

Cons

low salary and managemet is not good

Advice to Management

treat employees better