Samsung Electronics America - good company to work with | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Electronics America

"good company to work with"

Current Employee - Research Engineer in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Research Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good for career development future

Cons

very tiring and very long

Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Electronics America

1. "Hareware engineer"

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very good company, competitive salary and good benefits not much to complain earning good money so good for employees

Cons

Not core work supporting work is most. Work and life balance is not good, always working with korean HQ so you feel that you are always supporting someone

Advice to Management

give some core work to american office

"Samsung Experience"

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Since Samsung was my first employment, I have waited an entire year so I could write a fair review. In waiting, it has occurred to me that I do miss a few things about Samsung. I miss the company Family Fun Day at Six Flags. I miss the Holiday Gala and company holiday gift. I miss the companies miss use of company funds on pointless department lunches and dinners. I miss talking to other employees about the racism and sexism that goes on throughout the office. The benefits and pay were nothing better than fair.

Cons

While working at Samsung, I was continuously put down, over worked, and never respected. Management has little respect for its employees and often ignores there advice. Management respects you more if you are Korean. For example, we once had a meeting on an important issue. After going through all the issues and coming to a solution that everyone agreed to, I discovered that the solution was not what was implemented. Apparently, a separate meeting took place that only consisted of the Korean members of the meeting and they came to there own solution. The meeting that I had been told to coordinate was only performed to make the non-Korean employees feel that they were part of the solution. After working at Samsung for 4 years, working 60-80 hour weeks including one 35 continuous hour experience, I have learned that Samsung will never respect the hard work and dedication that one has provided to the company and the department.

Advice to Management

Instead of answering strongly agree to these questions, answer strongly disagree. This is part of a survey that was sent out to all employees of Samsung by there HQ in Korea.
    • Managers should make most decisions without consulting subordinates.
    • It is frequently necessary for a manager to use authority and power when dealing with subordinates.
    • Managers should seldom ask for the opinions of employees.
    • Employees should not disagree with management decisions.
    • Managers should not delegate important tasks to employees.
    • Meetings are usually run more effectively when they are chaired by a man.
    • It is more important for men to have a professional career than it is for women to have a professional career.
    • Men usually solve problems with logical analysis; women usually solve problems with intuition.
    • Solving organizational problems usually requires an active, forcible approach which is typical of men.
    • It is preferable to have a man in a high level position rather than a woman.
    • Ordering relationships by status and observing this order is important in the workplace.
    • Managers (or employees) should take moderate risks to get ahead at work.
    • Work should be the primary priority in a person’s life.
    • The most productive employees are those who put their work before their family life.
    • Individuals who take time off to attend to personal matters are not committed to their work.
    • The ideal employee is the one who is available 24 hours a day.