Samsung Electronics America - A company with out-of-touch management, but strong ideas and sound sales strategy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Samsung Electronics America

"A company with out-of-touch management, but strong ideas and sound sales strategy"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Ridgefield Park, NJ
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Ridgefield Park, NJ

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Name recognition of the company, technology at your disposal, decent work-life balance. There future of the company looks very bright, and job stability is almost a guarantee.

Cons

Managers that seem out-of-touch with subordinates, some areas of the company are essentially ignored, suggestions/comments on how to improve workflow are almost always ignored.

Advice to Management

Look at your competitors (Apple) and how their company is managed, and consider adopting some of their techniques.

Other Employee Reviews for Samsung Electronics America

1. "Lovely workpalce with great people"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

When I come to my office, I always feel like visiting my friend's house. The management takes an effort to make the workplace friendly. All colleagues listen carefully to each other's story. It makes the workplace comfortable. I love my colleague and happy to work with them.

Cons

Sometimes, lunch menu is not good. There are no choices, so I hope the cafeteria should be larger to prepare various menu.

2. "It was a blast into the next best thing."

Former Employee - Media Consultant in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Media Consultant in Worcester, MA

I worked at Samsung Electronics America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Samsung offers a wide variety of powerful devices that put users in control.

Cons

Samsung has a hierarchy that sometimes may be hard to climb.

Advice to Management

Put more research into the communities involved with marketing and promoting the brand. Several representatives made appearances during activations, which is great and personal, but there was not much follow-up with how things were being run. Samsung is worthy of a nation of superior staff but some more investigation is required to acquire that.