San Francisco International Airport - Great place for aspiring airport professionals | Glassdoor

"Great place for aspiring airport professionals"

I have been working at San Francisco International Airport

Pros

Lots of interesting projects happening in the near future. Great time to be a part of a dynamic organization that has a bright outlook.

Cons

It is a large organization. Even with strong leadership and lots going on, it is possible to fall by the wayside. Each department has its own culture, which could be a good or bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep setting a high bar, striving for excellence, and recognizing your workers. Open up new ways for departments to cross-pollinate and nurture well-rounded airport professionals.

San Francisco International Airport2016-07-11

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Awesome Office Placement for Interns"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at San Francisco International Airport for less than a year

Pros

The people I work have the career-goals of their interns in mind. Always willing to grow our skills, and teach us as much as we can. They've given us exposure to the aviation industry in the best way possible.

Cons

Wish it was a longer internship. It's 9 months long.

San Francisco International Airport2019-03-19
  2. "Great people, somewhat bureaucratic"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern

I worked at San Francisco International Airport for less than a year

Pros

- Other employees and management were all great people to work with - I got to experience new platforms and decide which projects I worked on

Cons

- Bad communication between departments made it more difficult to figure out what exactly I was meant to be doing - It takes several years to get promoted from intern to employee

San Francisco International Airport2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about San Francisco International Airport.