San Francisco International Airport - If your going to ITT, dont. | Glassdoor

"If your going to ITT, dont."

I worked at San Francisco International Airport full-time

Pros

Lots of untapped potential in terms of interesting projects Location Retirement benefits Easy, so easy most staff watch videos all day or nap.

Cons

Senior ITT leadership demonstrates significant competancy issues. If your coming here to learn, you wont, you may actually unlearn. Pay and vacation entitlements are significantly behind anywhere else in the area. No bonuses or any performance incentives at all. Employees are not cared for or grown. There is no career here, just desk filling until you retire. Projects start but never finish and this... manifests itself as constant frustration for other people in the airport.

Advice to Management

Turn over the entire ITT senior leadership (Rene may be the possible exception). Adjust your comp scales so you can hire and retain good people. Empower the people you hire, especially when you have no idea what your talking about. Take projects from start to finish.

San Francisco International Airport2018-10-25

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Awesome Office Placement for Interns"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at San Francisco International Airport for less than a year

Pros

The people I work have the career-goals of their interns in mind. Always willing to grow our skills, and teach us as much as we can. They've given us exposure to the aviation industry in the best way possible.

Cons

Wish it was a longer internship. It's 9 months long.

San Francisco International Airport2019-03-19
  2. "Great people, somewhat bureaucratic"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern

I worked at San Francisco International Airport for less than a year

Pros

- Other employees and management were all great people to work with - I got to experience new platforms and decide which projects I worked on

Cons

- Bad communication between departments made it more difficult to figure out what exactly I was meant to be doing - It takes several years to get promoted from intern to employee

San Francisco International Airport2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about San Francisco International Airport.