San Francisco International Airport - my review wouldn't be justified if I spoke my true feelings. | Glassdoor
  1. "my review wouldn't be justified if I spoke my true feelings."

I have been working at San Francisco International Airport for more than 10 years

Pros

I am getting a check and that's what keeps me motivated to keep it moving and smiling. My faith allows me to see past what some people can't. I believe prayer and my work ethics will surpass what I believe to be an uphill battle.

Cons

It's not what you know it's who you know. I have seen people get moved in and moved up without having any type of education. If you know someone you will be able to be placed right in front of someone who worked the job for years without having any experience. Ask any employee who worked here over 10 years they will tell you this is true.

Advice to Management

Start hiring within. This helps with morale issues and will prevent stressed out employees.

San Francisco International Airport2015-10-13

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Awesome Office Placement for Interns"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at San Francisco International Airport for less than a year

Pros

The people I work have the career-goals of their interns in mind. Always willing to grow our skills, and teach us as much as we can. They've given us exposure to the aviation industry in the best way possible.

Cons

Wish it was a longer internship. It's 9 months long.

San Francisco International Airport2019-03-19
  2. "Great people, somewhat bureaucratic"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern

I worked at San Francisco International Airport for less than a year

Pros

- Other employees and management were all great people to work with - I got to experience new platforms and decide which projects I worked on

Cons

- Bad communication between departments made it more difficult to figure out what exactly I was meant to be doing - It takes several years to get promoted from intern to employee

San Francisco International Airport2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about San Francisco International Airport.