Sanford Health - Caring place to work. | Glassdoor

"Caring place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

I feel that Sanford cares about me and my life outside of my job. My co-workers and I work as a team to complete our work which makes doing your work an enjoyment.

Cons

I do not get paid nearly what I was paid when I worked on the floor. I don't feel that there is career advancement in the particular department I work in.

Other Employee Reviews for Sanford Health

"Sanford bought out Meritcare - wish they had stayed in South Dakota"

Current Employee - Physician in Bemidji, MN
    Current Employee - Physician in Bemidji, MN

Pros

The reasons to work here are the same reasons that it was good to work for Meritcare. The people here are still good. Patients are wonderful. Lots of dedicated, hard-working nurses and physicians.

Cons

The farther away management is from day-to-day activities, the worse the decisions are. Pension plan eliminated for physicians. Health benefits have been cut (!). New, more complicated billing method for patients. And uncompensated, mandated training for a new software program? All while Sanford launches money at every sports venue they can to get their name up on the buildings. 2 Million here for the City of Bemidji to name the new hockey arena after the company. Whoopie.

Advice to Management

Start consulting your employees about changes instead of just mandating them, top-down. If it's your way or the highway, get ready to see some docs out on the road...

"Sanford Health Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheldon, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheldon, IA

Pros

Sanford Health provides a strong ethical work environment that employees can be proud to work in. Employees are proud to tell others where they work.

Cons

The pay rate in smaller hospitals is too low. The rate of pay should be the same at each hospital if the job performed is the same.

Advice to Management

The pay rate in smaller hospitals should be increased. If the job performed is the same at each hospital, the pay should be about the same also. You should not be penalized for living in a smaller community.