Sanmina - Poor employee moral | Glassdoor

"Poor employee moral"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Pros

Large company with many opportunities. In any such large organizations the key to the interview/offer process is determining weather you are in a healthy department or not

Cons

Efforts to turn things around were made but when the requirements for change were presented and were challenging, management decided to go for short term gains to make it "Another few months" rather then invest in long term improvement benefiting themselves and their work force.

Other Employee Reviews for Sanmina

"Not a good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Pros

It's a job, the checks clear. You can learn here. Many good people work here.

Cons

Treated with little or no respect from Managment

Advice to Management

Get the 401k match back, treat employees fairly.

"Great work atmosphere; friendly management"

Former Employee - SMT Operator in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - SMT Operator in Manchester, NH

Pros

Working conditions are very good. Safety / OSHA standards are a major concern of management and is strictly enforced. Breaks are always given throughout the workday. I worked a 10 hour shift 5am-3pm and we would get a break around like 7ish, 11ish and 1 something. I cant really remember the exact times but I do remember that I was never feeling like I was being over-worked. Management is very friendly and great at motivating staff to reach goals without being too overpowering. I was taken on as a temp employee but would work full time hours and was always being offered overtime if I wanted to make more money. I was never pressured to work any hours additional to my schedule even during busy production times. I loved working for Sanmina . The only reason I stopped working there was because I moved out of state. When I left the company my department manager threw a surprise going away party for me which made me feel special to the company even though I had only worked there for 7 months. I would recommend Sanmina to others.

Cons

The only downfall to Sanmina-Sci would be job security. In the past few years (atleast at their New Hampshire facilities) they have had problems with company-wide layoffs. Because a lot of the work they get is on contracts, it is a risk. A contract can end and if it isn't renewed or replaced by other work- entire departments are suddenly at risk for layoff. Most employees are hired on by an outside staffing agency and taken on-board as temp employees. Some people I worked with had worked for the company over ten years and are still temp employees with full time hours. Some had been long term full time employees and were bumped down to temp status after being called back to work after Sanmina had recovered from the massive layoffs. During my employment my department had a layoff that lasted for approx 7-10 days due to lack of production needs. This was my only concern while I worked there. Aside from that I loved my job; and never worried that it was at risk.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for leadership. I was highly satisfied with the way things ran in my facility and with how easy it was to approach the management teams with any questions or concerns I had with my job duties or how to perform them. I received adequate training on the job prior to being let go to work individually; unlike some previous employers who had just thrown me into the mix to figure it out on my own.