Sanofi-Aventis - sanofi chose the wrong people to manage and it is hurting the company and employees now. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sanofi-Aventis

"sanofi chose the wrong people to manage and it is hurting the company and employees now."

Current Employee - Regulatory Specialist in Bridgewater, NJ
Current Employee - Regulatory Specialist in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

There was very clear performance feedback regularly and you always knew where you stood.
The company really tried to get each group to know each other and it was effective, many of my former co-workers and I are still in touch.
The benefits package was generous, good health insurance, 401K match and vacation time.

Cons

There was no communication of company or group changes, I would hear of changes from outside my department before my management ever told me.
There was not much work-life balance, no work at home even on snow days.
There was a big disparity in work distribution. Those who could perform were given the work that the under-performers weren't doing.

Advice to Management

The corporate policies are good but as the yearly survey showed people were not happy with their management. Sanofi's managers were below the standard and had no incentive for managing their employees well. This should be weighted more in the yearly reviews.

Other Employee Reviews for Sanofi-Aventis

1. "Working with Sanofi-Aventis was a great experience."

Current Employee - Project Intern in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Intern in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

I was only there for the summer, but it was a great work environment. I was treated very well. The project was simple, but I was given a lot of respect with my ideas.

Cons

The one main thing that was not great was that this particular project did not allow for any room for advancement and was a strictly temporary position.

Advice to Management

Even though my time there was brief, my supervisors were both kind and supportive, and the work that needed to get done was also always completed successfully.

2. "Interesting Place"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

Work life balance is pretty good
    Benefits were great

Cons

Upper management not really in touch with what the people in the field need on daily basis.
    People promoted more on who they know then what they know

Advice to Management

Listen to field and offer a clear vision on where the company is going