Sanofi Genzyme - a good start | Glassdoor

"a good start"

Pros

lots of opportunity, constantly changing environment.

Cons

very challenging, sometimes tensions run high. used to offer a lot more for employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Sanofi Genzyme

"A Place Where Accountability Is Non-Existent For Certain Individuals."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Allston, MA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Allston, MA

I worked at Sanofi Genzyme as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people that work there are younger and are therefore more in tune with what's happening outside of the walls of the Genzyme (ALF), leading to a fun work environment.

Also, upper management isn't bad, they are actually really nice, but are oblivious when it comes to how much damage certain department mangers/supervisors are causing to employee morale.

Cons

At least in the department where I worked, it was very "clicky," the facility is staffed 24/7/365, which is divided into shifts (1st. 2nd, 3rd Weekday | 1st, 2nd, 3rd Weekend). This, along with ineffective management, led to a very clear separation between all shifts, which led to each shift blaming the previous, or following shift for whatever went wrong in the lab.
    Also, if you are sensitive about race, at all, be warned! There is a clear division between minorities (who dominate the odd and weekend shifts) and whites (who are all on regular business hours, with the exception of a few... which I can count with a single hand.)

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bad managers!!!!! I can't stress this enough!!!! The same people that got this facility into consent decree are the same individuals making the decisions about the future of the facility!!!

Seriously, how many times does a manager have to fail "in-house" validation projects before you stop them from managing these projects!!?? (I guess more than 2x)

Literally I have nothing bad to say about the workers, but managers/supervisors allow certain individuals to get away with murder, while blaming other people/shifts for their own mistakes. (Again, this is because managers/supervisors pick favorites, and when I mean favorites, I mean like they let certain workers step all over them so that they can be considered "cool.")

Get a team of managers that really knows what it means to be a team! If they did this place would have been a wonderful place to work, where people dedicate themselves and produce the best results. (Because the majority of workers are extremely dedicated to their work).

The worse part is that the bad seeds in this department aren't many, but they somehow have a lot of pull with certain individuals with upper management.

"Good benefits bad GMP."

Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst II in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst II in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Sanofi Genzyme full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefit, good pay, bonus, job security

Cons

under consent decree. poor GMP, and management does not care

Advice to Management

Quality comes first, not product