Santander Consumer USA - Working at Santander Consumer was an eye opener. My time there was a living nightmare that I wish to never relive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Santander Consumer USA

"Working at Santander Consumer was an eye opener. My time there was a living nightmare that I wish to never relive."

Former Employee - Funding in Lewisville, TX
Former Employee - Funding in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Santander Consumer USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay rate was fair. 401k plan wasn't bad.

Cons

Working in the Funding Dept is like being in high school. They treat you like production workers, your just a number. You only get promoted to a position if your in the certain clique. The amount of gossip and malicious bullying is sad. I've watched numerous great employees go from top to bottom. Their mental and physical health deteriorate when they reached out to HR for help they were attacked worse. To the point they let them go. Management watched it all from the beginning. Some were even part of it.

Advice to Management

Be a manager not a friend. Hire managers with people skills people who deserve the position.

Other Employee Reviews for Santander Consumer USA

"Entrepreneurial atmosphere, short-term planning"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aren't a lot of budget or time constraints. Normal operations will take however long they will take and cost whatever it will cost. But if there is a huge deal on the line, then it is a "deliver at all costs" mentality. They'll bring in lunch & dinner to keep the machine going.

Cons

Immature with processes & procedure. High rate of change and resource attrition. Short-term planning because goals seem to change every other day.

Advice to Management

Make a decision and stand by it. Hold your management teams and associates accountable. Adopt some standard processes and methodology.

"Sweat.shop - and they do not give annual raises. Good luck trying to get one."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Santander Consumer USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I apologize - I cannot honestly think of a single one.

Cons

Poor, poor working conditions - overbright lights, nothing to absorb sound, no privacy, bad building that has continual mold and functioning problems (elevators frequently out - we are forced to take the stairs - okay unless you are on the 10th floor). Really really inexperienced management (turnover is so high that our EVP of HR was an admin just a couple of years ago).

Advice to Management

I have no advice. The company made $2billion last year - it is obvious they feel their mistreatment of staff still nets a giant profit, so why change? Hopefully, when the job market improves, they will wake up.