Sanzaru Games - Best Experience of My Career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sanzaru Games

"Best Experience of My Career"

Former Employee - Animator in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Animator in Foster City, CA

I worked at Sanzaru Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Phenomenally talented, motivated, and collaborative team. No producers, which means a direct line between those on top and those on bottom. Open creativity, with all ideas heard and considered. Great parties. Dinner on long nights. Incredibly fun projects.

Cons

Cost of living, which meant commuting for a lot of us.

Advice to Management

Continue with the spirit of collaboration; that is what made Sly the best game it could possibly be!

Other Employee Reviews for Sanzaru Games

1. "Dream Job"

Former Employee - Technical Artist in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Artist in Foster City, CA

I worked at Sanzaru Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Founders are true experts in their fields who value transparency and the well-fare of the staff. They are very careful to hire great people who will foster a healthy and creative environment. Also, snacks!

Cons

Due to being a small, 3rd party developer, they are prone to the whims of publishers. However, as their reputation grows, this will change.

"Best studio I've ever been a part of"

I have been working at Sanzaru Games full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Focused, proactive, and wise leadership who make well-informed decisions with full transparency.

No micromanaging. You're given a task and leadership puts it's full trust in you to manage your time and complete it efficiently at a high quality.

Very fun projects for the most part.

Extremely talented employees, very helpful and fun to collaborate with. Most are experienced industry veterans. Working with such talented people encourages a healthy spirit of competition and inspiration to make the most awesome stuff you can.

Small sized studio and doesn't feel corporate whatsoever.

Small teams per project and fully transparent meetings where your voice and ideas are always heard and considered. I've never felt as big a part of a team as I have here.

Deadlines are usually very reasonable, and if you manage your time properly you will rarely crunch. The few times I have stayed late is because I wanted to, not because someone asked or demanded me to.

Snacks, catered lunches on Fridays, and dinner on nights when milestones are coming up if people choose to stay late.

Studio itself is a very nice and relaxing place to work.

Fun parties and events. All around fantastic studio culture.

Generous holiday vacation time.

Cons

Benefits and pay could be better considering cost of living in the Bay Area.

Could have some healthier snack options and healthier catered lunch options.

A lot of projects going on at once means a good chance of being reassigned to a different project. This could be considered a pro or con based on what you end up working on.

The new studio layout is cubicles, which lends to more productivity but causes less interaction.

Advice to Management

Keep upholding the great studio culture that already exists and keep hiring awesome people that will continue to evolve the studio in a positive direction.