Sapient - Glossy exterior, biggest disappointment of my career. Happily working for company which values experience and new ideas. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sapient

"Glossy exterior, biggest disappointment of my career. Happily working for company which values experience and new ideas."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Sapient full-time

Pros

Aggressive recruiting for experienced hires. Training opportunities look great (often canceled or no time due to project demands). Salary commensurate with experience. Coffee mug is nice.

Cons

Once inside, outsourced business model all the way. Poor candidate placement. Project Leads with no concept of positive communication, effective team dynamics nor Business understanding. No positive action from mgmt for team in distress. New ideas silenced, must commit to our-way-only approach. Poorly defined and timed deliverables built from cookie-cutter methodology are prioritized over Business needs. Open & Mentoring policies touted in Boston seem nowhere to be found.

Advice to Management

Reign in Leads with no people skills. Engage experienced folks or why do you hire them? Many Leads need training for harassment, discrimination, group leadership. Pay attention to what's really going on at sites. Frustrated clients should receive products skillfully sold. Employees shouldn't be fearful every day. Corp values you rave about should be true, valuable hires out the door for too many reasons. Clients need flexible, creative Leads and solutions, not rigid recipe-followers. Build projects/teams based on respect and collaboration. Hostile environments allowed at expense of employees & clients?

Other Employee Reviews for Sapient

1. "A fun and creative workplace"

Current Employee - Interactive Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Interactive Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sapient full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work on great and innovative projects for major companies. The environment is fun and creative. The people are nice and are always willing to help.

Cons

I have not been able to find very many downsides to Sapient for my personality type. Some projects really challenge you and your abilities. I find that as a pro but some people may not.

2. "Great company changing how agencies are defined"

Pros

Great work with interesting clients. Cutting edge solutions. Above and below the line marketing.

Cons

No cons for me. Great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep redefining the space.