Sapphire Digital - Run and don't look back | Glassdoor

"Run and don't look back"

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO but good luck taking time off since you will have too much work on your plate to take a day off. Some flexibility to work remote in some areas of company.

Cons

Upper management is unapproachable and not willing to improve the culture. No 401K match, no raises, health insurance coverage is terrible and very expensive. Promotions are given unfairly and employees are taken advantage of. Hard to achieve bonus program.

Advice to Management

Stop working in solos and collaborate across the organization. The customer needs to come first and not ourselves. Only a few internal teams are thinking about the customer. Start to be transparent in your decisions and future plan of the company.

Sapphire Digital2019-05-15

Other Employee Reviews

1. "LOVE my job!!!"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in Bedford, TX

I have been working at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not a stressful job at all! Always a positive & warm atmosphere! Family-like teams/coworkers!

Cons

Not too many areas for promotion being that we are a small office

Sapphire Digital2019-05-28

"Doomed"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Sapphire Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, humane attitude to work/life. I enjoyed the day-to-day very much, and miss my team.

Cons

Sapphire has too many layers of hierarchy and an entrenched system of silos. Everyone is well aware that the way work happens is not effective enough to allow the company to succeed, but the executive group is unwilling or unable to bust the silos and reorganize the people around delivering value rather than functional areas. Work moves slowly, and planning horizons are cripplingly long, because the company is not optimized...

Advice to Management

Stop trying to run this company like a huge enterprise. Bust up the hierarchy and silos. You're supposedly into lean thinking; put all your attention into eliminating wasteful queues and rework cycles. The value stream goes all the way from sales to QA and ops; how can you get all those people and skills into harmony? It's not by shuffling functional groups among middle/upper managers.

Sapphire Digital2019-06-14

Discover more reviews about Sapphire Digital.