Sara Lee Food & Beverage - Generally good experience at Sara Lee, but I feel extremely boring about my job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sara Lee Food & Beverage

"Generally good experience at Sara Lee, but I feel extremely boring about my job"

Pros

good pay, working hours, and flexible work hours as a internship

Cons

The office is a sales office. My internship is in IT department, I only talk to two managers and another intern for the whole day. So if you really like to work in team and work with people, I dont think this would be a good choice.

Advice to Management

Create more communication

Other Employee Reviews for Sara Lee Food & Beverage

"Working for the industry leader; "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee!""

Current Employee - Portfolio Development Manager
    Current Employee - Portfolio Development Manager

Pros

Sara Lee is a strong branded company with a very capable leadership team. The leaders at Sara Lee put the people who work there first and that leads to strength in numbers. As a global consumer goods company, the opportunities for career advancement are tremendous. With operations in more then 40 countries and product sales in over 180 nations world wide, Sara Lee is a company with sustainability. Compensation and benefit packages are second to none in this industry and as someone who has worked for other companies in the same industry, the entire experience here at Sara Lee has been fantastic.

Cons

I must say, coming up with 100 words involving negatives at Sara Lee is pretty tough. One downside to working for such a large company ($13 Billion in sales) is that sometimes things do not happen as fast as you might like. Working on projects such as new item development and or new item pacakaging can feel very slow. There are a lot of people working in the Downers Grove offices that can not wait to get their hands on a new project so that they can say they are doing something. This can cause things to take more time then someone in the field would prefer.

Advice to Management

I would tell then to continue to focus on sustainability. This economy is harsh, but for a food company it can be a windfall. People are eating at home more often and making lunch as opposed to eating lunch out every day. Sara Lee has all the right products to meet the needs of the consumer that is eating in and bagging a lunch. Cost cutting on unnecessary spending is of high focus right now and I believe it is very smart. The leadership is doing a great job and keep it up!

2. "Boring job"

Pros

easy, you do alot of busy work. I finish work by noon then after that I usually sit around and play cell phone games or think about how bad I want to go home

Cons

boring and no advancement. Ive tried to andvance but they give you no options. Ive been trying for multiple years and have way more experience and shooling than needed