Saudi Aramco - I have a scholarship with Saudi Aramco | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Saudi Aramco

"I have a scholarship with Saudi Aramco"

Current Employee - Petroleum Engineer Sholarship in Baton Rouge, LA
Current Employee - Petroleum Engineer Sholarship in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Saudi Aramco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I reached to them after high school. They have a restricted program for scholarship mostly for Saudi Students. Now I study Petroleum Engineering at LSU (Louisiana State University). The program is excellent, they provide every thing from monthly salary ( more than $2000) which increase by 15% when you finish half your major. They also take care of the tuition and they provide book allowance each semester that is $ 1000. The pay a close attention to their student with a visit each semester and a private meeting with each student to check up on them. They give also rewards each semester for those who perform well that ranges from ( 500$ to 1000$) depending on their GPA. At the last summer of your study, they refer their student to some of the large companies in U.S to do an internship. For me I have been offered Baker Hughes,Schlumberger and Exxon and I did an interview with BH and got accepted last week

Cons

Some times it is not easy to get a response from your supervisor. They give me a hard time when i try to ask for some information or permission to drop or add other courses. Also, it is true they provide an insurance but it lacks dental coverage.

Advice to Management

Love you guys, for the time being .. hhhhhhhhhhh

Other Employee Reviews for Saudi Aramco

1. "Research Geophysicist at Exepc ARC Saudi Aramco, Houston Research Center"

Current Employee - Research Geophyscist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Research Geophyscist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Saudi Aramco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

national company, steady, not a lot work, never laid off

Cons

poor salary to new empolyees, few staff and training class in Houston, or other place around the world.

"Fulfilling technical, commercial, and operational requirements over most of 22 years in Saudi Arabia and the US."

Former Employee - Technical Leader in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Leader in Houston, TX

I worked at Saudi Aramco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working overseas and it was similar to my 13 years at Caltex (eight in Bahrain), but included one of the most magnificent desserts in the world. Also my family and I were always treated with consideration and rewards for work well done.

Cons

While praise and salary are appreciated, one must accept that they are developing a huge number of young, well educated people to a World-class level of project work, leaving expatriates in place to assist in the development of their young people. Also, much of the freedom an expatriate had always felt in years past is currently constrained due to the well known political difficulties the Middle-Eastern countries are facing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.