Save the Children - Fantastic organization, and great place to work. You make an impact. | Glassdoor
  1. "Fantastic organization, and great place to work. You make an impact."

Former Employee - Vice President in Fairfield, CT

I worked at Save the Children full-time

Pros

This organization is truly dedicated to making life better for all kids, no matter where they are. They do what is right. The leadership is great, most people are collaborative and like working with each other.

Cons

As with any non profit, there's pressure to raise money so you can do more to advance the mission. That can be stressful at times. Also, you're dealing with tough conditions for these kids, so it can be overwhelming to know how much is wrong with how we treat children around the world. But the pros fully outweigh the cons.

Save the Children2020-01-23
  1. "Substantive, compelling internship working with a knowledgeable and supportive team."

Former Intern - Public Policy and Advocacy in Washington, DC

I worked at Save the Children for less than a year

Pros

Working alongside experts in their field Mission-driven work High quality programming Professional development Positive, supportive environment committed to professional development of young staff

Cons

No pay for interns, but great professional experience

Save the Children2020-01-02

Save the Children Response

January 6, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Hi there! Big news... as of Fall 2019, all of our internships are now PAID! Thank you so much for interning with us! We are glad that you found the work enriching, and that the experience was a positive one. We hope that you'll consider us for full time opportunities when you're ready!

Continue reading
  2. "The people make the experience"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Save the Children for less than a year

Pros

-Competitive salary -Lots on internal room for growth -Co-workers that want you to succeed

Cons

-Everyone has more projects to do than time allows for

Save the Children2020-02-27

Discover more reviews about Save the Children.