Saveology.com - Good place to be if you like working in sales | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Saveology.com

"Good place to be if you like working in sales"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales in South Plainfield, NJ
Former Employee - Inbound Sales in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Saveology.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent, good commission structure, sales oriented and managers and coworkers will help you every step of the way. Hours range from 8AM to 12 Midnight or 1AM, so there is some flexibility in scheduling, although if you are new, you'll probably get the later shifts. Company always paid out properly and I never had any issues with commission disputes, etc. Company is sales driven, and supports producers, so if you are good at sales, you'll find this job to be a piece of cake. Overall, I liked the company, I left to go to a different job, but would recommend this company to others and I would return there myself, as well.

Cons

The big downer here was that it wasn't truly a full-time position when I was there. When the calls were coming in, you could work a full shift and make decent money. However, there were many periods of downtime, when the calls weren't coming in. When that happens, they send workers home early. Working 3 or 4 hour days with no calls (and therefore no sales to be made) didn't cut it for me so I had to go elsewhere.

This place also has huge turnover rates, much of the time it is due to the fact that they will hire anyone, and many of those people aren't cut out for sales. They get frustrated and leave or they are fired, both of which causes frustration among other employees who then feel that they may be on the chopping block next.

Parking is horrifying, and if you don't get a spot, you are expected to park far away from the actual building, which is an annoyance.

Advice to Management

Make hiring more effective and reduce turnover by not just hiring anyone who comes in. Certain personality types and backgrounds are most likely not going to be successful in a sales job, and that can be avoided with a little extra screening at hiring time.

Other Employee Reviews for Saveology.com

1. "Great opportunity for motivated minds"

Current Employee - Manager in Margate, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Margate, FL

I have been working at Saveology.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of opportunity to grow with the company. The atmosphere is fun, young & entrepreneurial. If you're the type of person that is motivated and wants to be a part of something big then you will do very well there. The people you get to work with are very smart, funny and always willing to help out. The office is huge and equipped with a workout gym, half basketball court, monkeys, fish, parrots, free candy & soda, etc.

Cons

There's tons of bad reviews for Saveology probably because it's easier for people to complain about a company than to stand up and make a change. Truth is Saveology has the same problems you would find at any other start-up and the problems aren't that un-common. If you're the type of person that just wants a job so you can collect a pay check then Saveology probably isn't for you. The company wants change and has high expectations for all employees. With that being said there is an expectation that most employees should be willing to put in long hours.

Advice to Management

There's a lot of people that go unrecognized for their hard work. Employees are willing to work much harder when they receive constructive feedback on a regular basis.

2. "Entry Level employee for Corporate Saveology"

Current Employee - Home Services Email and SMS Manager in Margate, FL
    Current Employee - Home Services Email and SMS Manager in Margate, FL

I have been working at Saveology.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never worked at a company where so many executives listen to the ideas and questions of all their employees so much. Everyone here has trust and faith in the people around them to do their job and it makes for an great environment to grow your career.

Cons

It can be easy to become comfortable with the people directly around you, but the best way to grow at Saveology is to knock down doors of people you don't know and find out what they do and how they impact the company.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to mobile marketing. There is a lot of power in a cell phone device. Mobile is often on page 6 of a to-do list, but in is most powerful when used in concert with other forms of marketing. Make 2013 the year of mobile marketing!