Saxbys - An ok job, but I don't recommend staying for longer than a year. | Glassdoor

"An ok job, but I don't recommend staying for longer than a year."

Former Employee - Team Leader in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Saxbys part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- If you like fast paced then you will probably like it here. I made great friends with my employees and working at a coffee place can be fun. - free drinks when you are on the job - 50% off food when working and 10% off when not working - the chocolate croissants are bomb

Cons

- the pay is very low. I started off with 7.25. After 4 years and a promotion later I was making 9. When I was working at Starbucks in a similar area I started off with $10....in 6months I could have gotten a raise. - I don't know if corporate really has a concise strategic plan as to how they will grow. They may have a vision, but their methodology is pretty opposite of what it should be. - employees don't care about...

Advice to Management

You should be taking a look at upper management. Perhaps you hire them because you can pay them low salaries, but your getting the bottom of the barrell. If you had those who were skilled and knowledgeable in the business you'd be able to turn over a profit.

Saxbys2017-06-12

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good job for students"

Current Employee - Team Lead II

I have been working at Saxbys part-time

Pros

Flexible if you’re a student

Cons

Can be hard to always get enough hours

Saxbys2019-07-09
  2. "Easy part time job"

Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Saxbys part-time

Pros

Easy work, cool people and chill environment, free coffee

Cons

Not enough mobility or pay

Saxbys2019-08-12

Discover more reviews about Saxbys.