Saxbys - Have worked for Saxbys for nearly a year; I enjoy my job but need to get out soon due to lack of pay. | Glassdoor

"Have worked for Saxbys for nearly a year; I enjoy my job but need to get out soon due to lack of pay."

Current Employee - Team Lead in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Saxbys part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a fun atmosphere, especially during a rush (if you enjoy high volume environments), tips aren't so bad, I've made good friends with coworkers, and you get free drinks and 50% discount on drinks all other saxbys locations.

Cons

The pay is not enough for the amount of work/hours employees put in. I put a lot of energy into my job but I know that at the most, being part time, I can only make up to 10 dollars. I also don't feel like I have received proper training as a barista and would be clueless if thrown behind an upscale coffee bar.

Advice to Management

Your "team members" will value their jobs and work harder if you give them a bit more pay!Team lead IIIs who have been with the company for years should not be making only 10 bucks an hour.

Saxbys2017-06-30

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good job for students"

Current Employee - Team Lead II

I have been working at Saxbys part-time

Pros

Flexible if you’re a student

Cons

Can be hard to always get enough hours

Saxbys2019-07-09
  2. "It's all really pretty, but ends there."

Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Saxbys full-time

Pros

Full free coffee (and liquor) bar in HQ; wear your sports bra and yoga pants to work; beautiful office.

Cons

At any level, please don't be fooled by the dream you are sold during the interview. They expect you to work around the clock - if you have weekend plans, you better put it on ping board; if you don't respond to emails or text messages sent all hours of the day and week, expect to hear about it on your annual review- (if/when you get one). There is not much diversity in leadership and that's because you have to fit a...

Saxbys2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about Saxbys.