Saxbys - It's all really pretty, but ends there. | Glassdoor
  1. "It's all really pretty, but ends there."

Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Saxbys full-time

Pros

Full free coffee (and liquor) bar in HQ; wear your sports bra and yoga pants to work; beautiful office.

Cons

At any level, please don't be fooled by the dream you are sold during the interview. They expect you to work around the clock - if you have weekend plans, you better put it on ping board; if you don't respond to emails or text messages sent all hours of the day and week, expect to hear about it on your annual review- (if/when you get one). There is not much diversity in leadership and that's because you have to fit... a certain image to go anywhere in the company. If your dad is anyone special or if you went to Cornell, they'll make you a VP within six months. If you want to be a puppet and suck up to their VP's and CEO then you can grow, but otherwise you are seen as a problem. If you don't agree with their point of view they are quick to belittle you and make you feel like you don't belong. There is NO room for mistakes, the minute you make one they will write you off; and I am not talking about a detrimental financial mistake, I am talking about a minor spelling error in an email. You can walk right into their HQ and see that if you're not thin, white and in your 20s there's no place for you so you'll be nothing more than a worn down cafe manager, barista or team lead. They promise growth, but don't count on it. The culture the CEO is so obsessive over are just words on an ugly wall.

Saxbys2019-08-20

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good job for students"

Current Employee - Team Lead II

I have been working at Saxbys part-time

Pros

Flexible if you’re a student

Cons

Can be hard to always get enough hours

Saxbys2019-07-09
  2. "great company, horrible pay"

Former Employee - Host in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Saxbys part-time for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is incredible and your team really goes out of their way to lighten the load. My personal experience with both managers was incredible.

Cons

The pay is insanely low especially given that Philadelphia is a big city.

Saxbys2019-08-22

Discover more reviews about Saxbys.