ScentAir Technologies - Average | Glassdoor

"Average"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

Fun to sell scent. Most companies are fascinated by what I sell that they will see you.

Cons

Name recognition is not out there. Company doesn't market itself.

Other Employee Reviews for ScentAir Technologies

"Selling scent is both fun and challenging!"

Former Employee - Associate Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Associate Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ScentAir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Booming company that is investing in the appropriate tools to stay on top. Lots of support from upper management to do the job right. Company name carries a lot of weight with top industries, which helps in a sales role.

Cons

There's a lot to learn about the systems and scents in order to be knowledgeable. Being an experiential product, it can be difficult selling to certain customers over the phone who might not understand the importance of scent marketing.

Advice to Management

There would be at times a communication gap between different departments during a substantial change to the structure of the organization. Thorough and frequent updates during these times would help the departments continue to work together seamlessly.

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ScentAir Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great remote position that gives you complete control of your ADI(territory) They have a very strong leadership team in place to lead our nation wide sales team. Everyone has a positive attitude and stays focused on the goals. Teams have about 15 reps on them and territories are for the most part, fair.

Cons

Great company! I am just afraid they are going down the wrong path with regards to compensation. Hired an old school copier guy as our new CRO and he implemented some changes that don't make much sense, from a sales rep perspective. Of course his goal was to come in and make his position worth the salary, but when your first order of business takes money from our pockets it is not well received. These changes make it harder to get paid bonuses over the course of the year. We have lost some representatives because of this and feel as though we will lose so more. To be honest I have begun the preliminary process of searching for other opportunities

Advice to Management

I love The leadership team and CEO they are in place for a reason. I think some errors were made in the process of changing the comp plan. Let's go back to rewarding representatives for hitting bonuses month over month. The new process is too cumbersome! More work for the reps I want to focus on selling, not accounts receivable!