Schiller International University - NIGHTMARE | Glassdoor

"NIGHTMARE"

Former Employee - Admissions in Largo, FL
Former Employee - Admissions in Largo, FL

Pros

I enjoyed dealing with international students.

Cons

They have recently laid off almost their entire staff. Their goals were unattainable because they were unwilling to invest in the marketing to make it happen. Every month they moved the goalposts which creates enormous disorganization. There is no option but to fail miserably. I had done admissions previously and was very successful, so I'm fairly confident the problem had nothing to do with me. There is a colossal failure of senior management to take responsibility for the problems that staff has in getting the job done. Students are angry and rightfully so. They completely changed the class format from traditional semester-based courses to month long classes. All while having NO staff left to implement any changes. It was the worst experience in a working environment I've ever known, and I feel I can tolerate quite a bit! Never would I suggest that a person take a job here.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees. Treat your employees with respect. The people in the trenches KNOW what the problems and hangups are and why your school is not successful, so you would be well served to listen to them if you hope to turn things around. Put students ahead of money and that would change the environment. Provide proper training, set realistic goals, invest in your employees to help them make it happen.

Other Employee Reviews for Schiller International University

1. "Marketing Research"

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Marketing in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)

I have been working at Schiller International University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It had great employees alike from different parts of the world. The school have a good monthly intake system and very good professors with work and academic experience. The work environment is good though.

Cons

Still need to do more to increase the popularity of the school and standard.

2. "Great experience"

I worked at Schiller International University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great international Exposure, met a lot of interesting people

Cons

low pay, lack of support