Schindler Elevator Corporation - Superintendent | Glassdoor

"Superintendent"

Current Employee - Superintendent

I have been working at Schindler Elevator Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great compensation/benefits, exceeding the competition. Robust safety program/culture. Knowledgable and good people to work with in the office and field. Constantly innovating internal IT systems.

Cons

Exceedingly lean with manpower both in the office and field. More time is spent putting out fires than getting to preventative maintenance. Seems to be more concern for meeting internal metrics, such has hours per day worked by mechanics, than delivering for the customer. National accounts has been allowed to enter into contracts that essentially give away the farm, putting significant strain on local offices.

Advice to Management

The “do more with less” business model is not a recipe for long term growth.

Schindler Elevator Corporation2019-06-12
  1. "Great for personal growth"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer Summer in Randolph, NJ

I worked at Schindler Elevator Corporation for less than a year

Pros

I had a truly caring manager that really provided me the opportunities to learn not only about the job, but also about my own strengths. Being in the R&D department, I was introduced to their current projects in development and was also enabled to conduct independent research projects. They also gave me a competitive hourly rate even though I was only interning the summer after my freshman year.

Cons

At the Randolph, NJ office there was some lack of energy as it wasn't as fast-paced as I was looking for.

Schindler Elevator Corporation2019-06-29
  2. "Friendly workplace"

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Randolph, NJ

I worked at Schindler Elevator Corporation for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful work, great people and good work-life balance

Cons

Little to no upward mobility

Advice to Management

Consider recruiting your interns. Do not assign them work as if they are regular employees; then, let them go on the pretext of "Head count".

Schindler Elevator Corporation2019-06-27

Discover more reviews about Schindler Elevator Corporation.