Schlumberger - unorganized | Glassdoor

"unorganized"

Former Employee - Wireline Operator in Vernal, UT
Former Employee - Wireline Operator in Vernal, UT

I worked at Schlumberger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. got to see a lot of the U.S.

Cons

working 110 hours a week and only getting paid for forty of them. never knowing when you're going to be home. working 48 hour shifts back to back. wake-up calls at 3am to go on a job.

Advice to Management

get some management

Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger

"Great place to launch a career"

Former Employee - Firmware Engineer in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Firmware Engineer in Sugar Land, TX

Pros

Great place to be an engineer, technical career ladder allows for advancement without taking on a management role. Great culture, good people. Well known and respected brand name that carries a lot of weight in the industry. As a friend from Exxon put it, when something goes wrong, your best defense is to be able to say "but we even used Schlumberger".

Cons

Limited opportunities in management for any disciplines other than EE or Mechanical engineering. Field experience is also generally necessary for advancement. Fixed-step advancement program for university hires can be a pain.

2. "Schlumberger is an interesting company."

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Sugar Land, TX

Pros

Schlumberger has a very diverse workforce. When I go to lunch, seven of ten at the table were not born in the US. They pick the best employees from all over the world.

There is little to no specialization. As an engineer, I'm not given a small piece of the product to work on, I do the entire design. Although it is very challenging to be able to perform well on all aspects of electronics design, it is also very rewarding.

Cons

In a word, lifestyle. I work from 9-11 hours a day, six days a week and can barely "meet expectations". It is difficult to balance time between work and home.

Advice to Management

Over the years, Schlumberger has been a rewarding place to work. I believe that it's our technical abilities that put us where we are. Reward those who continue to make Schlumberger a leader in the industry.