Schlumberger - Excellent, a great place to make a career. As a lifestyle I would be less optimistic. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

"Excellent, a great place to make a career. As a lifestyle I would be less optimistic."

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Field Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Schlumberger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits. High profile jobs, tons of responsibility, little office work, working with cool mechanical and hi-tech tools. You are heavily in charge and you have tons of support, therefore you will always know what to do or else you have the confidence and resources to ask if you are in doubt. It is a very solid working place.

Cons

A successful personal life seems unlikely to happen. The company becomes 90% of your LIFE. Planning time off is not reliable. Your boss will need you at any time on any day, often very unexpectedly. You are most of the time moving to one city to another (which can be exciting) but that means you spend lots of time in places where you know no one and you and your colleagues will be in the same situation. You should add this to the fact that you will have little time off. The end result is that you will spend most weekends with the same people you work with.... in my case I had cool colleagues, but it's not always the case.

Advice to Management

TAKE OUT the shitty instructors from the learning centers. Some of them are good, many are not. If you have people without motivation as instructors you are spoiling tons of fresh talent flowing into the company. You are literally wasting fortunes and other people's time by the absurd excuse of "yeeee we're so tough, others just don't make it"

Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger

"Too long work hours and not payed by the hour"

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots to learn, not enough time

Cons

Health will depreciate, family life will go down .

Advice to Management

maybe find a balance between work and rest.

2. "Great opportunites"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

career progression, travel, respect for employess

Cons

Some people may not beleive in senior mgmt and therefore resonate a negative environment