Schlumberger - Overall great, but could've been better if more guidance/heads-up was given | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

"Overall great, but could've been better if more guidance/heads-up was given"

Former Employee - Field Engineer - Wireline in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Field Engineer - Wireline in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Schlumberger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training was excellent, all hands-on including practical operation, as well as classroom technical background knowledge. Scheduled testing, both paper and practical was held to ensure trainees understand their material and their weakness so they could improve at it.

Enjoyed the company, and would recommend it to anyone with a dream.

Cons

Certain trainees, while they have the technical ability to solve questions, they may not be mentally prepared for the environment. "Technical, environment, dream" with all 3 may a person be successful. Environment was a challenge for me, for trainees that find difficulty in fitting into such environment, perhaps SLB can notice such symptom earlier and hold private consultation with the trainee, and decide whether they should take any extra measure for such people.

Advice to Management

As above, I really liked my work (technical-wise), however due to various reasons including difficulty in fitting into environment, and some personal characteristic weakness, I made some mistakes during training that I had resign from my work. SLB induces stress on trainees during training on purpose so they could see the trainees reactions, however understanding certain trainees may have other issues rather technical difficulty, perhaps holding extra consultation prior to practical assessment?

Thanks for everything.

Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger

1. "It's an ok place"

Current Employee - Field Mechanic in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Field Mechanic in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits and pays pretty well

Cons

There's no loyalty system... you move up at your own pace but I guess that could be good too

Advice to Management

none

2. "Great Benefits, Horrible Communication"

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay
    Awesome Benefits
    Mostly Friendly People

Cons

Communication within management is horrible. At times, I didn't know who my boss was because I had several people telling how to do my job. The job itself was easy, but the paperwork and lack of common sense decisions made the job way harder than it has to be.

Advice to Management

Have management training available before promoting a person to manager. Promote better communication between management and field personnel. Sometimes it easier to get things accomplished with less hand in the cookie jar.