Schneider Electric - Poor Management, Poor Policies | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric

"Poor Management, Poor Policies"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good growth potential in industry and many different products to sell. If you are part of the "clique", rapid advancement potential. Compensation is at or above average, yet don't expect yearly raises. Raises are tied to "corporate performance" and in the past few years have either not happened, or have been late.

Cons

Overall management in North America is pitiful. The company has squandered vast resources to build a new platform that will be outdated by the time it's released. To pay for it, many core products have been shelved leading to little real product development.

Worse is the people management. SE shows an "I don't care" attitude like no other. I've known one employe who was fired simply because he was gay. Another, who had 20+ years with the company was fired a week after returning from disability. Anyone who questions the system and files a grievance with HR is also fired, while management carries on with a blind eye and no retribution.

Within the branches, there is very high turnover of personnel

Other Employee Reviews for Schneider Electric

1. "Great place to work, if you are not a contract employee"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Schneider Electric as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company seems to want to make their employees happy with special perks, benefits, and frequent celebrations.

Cons

The company seems to hire a lot of contract/temporary employees to start and not all of those end up being offered permanent employment, regardless of work performance. Employees from different departments are not treated equally. Certain departments are spoiled while others are worked to the bone.

Advice to Management

Consider asking the employees what they think should happen to improve the company instead of outsiders who have never stepped foot in the building.

2. "Strong HR power"

Former Intern - Business Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Intern - Business Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Schneider Electric as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice People: My director and my line manager were both great to me. They offered a easy going mentorship environment and helped people grow easily

Cons

redundant IT process, terrible lunch condition, low pay