Schneider Electric - Good benefits and work/life balance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric

"Good benefits and work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Management have families and understands that things come up for employees as well. Give flexability for family issues that arise.

Cons

Flat management structure. Hard to move up and find job opportunities to advance career. Don't look to promote within. Look outside company for "best" candidate. Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position. Waste a lot of money on training to not promote from within.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. You lose too many good people by hiring outside the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Schneider Electric

"Very good company to work for."

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in North Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in North Andover, MA

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've read several of the reviews here, both pro and con and I can certainly see the view points of both sides. Pros are certainly decent pay and benefits, work/life balance, culture, career growth and mobility, etc. The cons tend to come from those that were unfortunately on the bad side of an acquisition. Truth is, most people stay at Schneider for a long time and that does say something.

Cons

As with most large companies that grow through acquisition, consolidation of people, systems, methodologies and even cultures can be difficult and fiefdoms abound. Navigating those waters can be a challenge and patience is required.

Advice to Management

Lotus Notes, really? And how many collaboration programs and platforms do we have? Some things really do need to be consolidated; and not internally!

"Way too big and corporate. Once it went from SE owned and TAC operated to SE owned and operated it was time to leave."

Former Employee - Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. TAC prided itself on hiring great people. The group of people I worked with were from the original TAC organization. While TAC was SE owned when I started working there it was at least still allowed to operate independently.

Cons

Once SE took over operations it became big company.....all about maximizing profits and minimizing expenses. You were just another number on paper. Promotions become nonexistent and when you did get one it wasn't even enough to cover inflation over the years since your last one. The value of the people was tossed out the window by SE.