Schneider Electric - Great work/life balance and development opportunities! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric

"Great work/life balance and development opportunities!"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist
Current Employee - Marketing Communications Specialist

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and work/life balance are fantastic. Specifically, the 401k match is better than average. Most managers encourage flexible work schedules to foster successful personal lives. Working for a global company gives you a lot of exposure to new people and opportunities. The company offers solutions for customers to be more energy efficient and that's something you can feel good about.

Cons

Schneider Electric is so big, we suffer from a matrixed organizational structure. That said, sometimes simple tasks take longer than they should because of disparate inernal systems and cumbersome processes.

Advice to Management

Hire part-time employees or interns to help with time-consuming administrative work.

Other Employee Reviews for Schneider Electric

"Excellent future, rising presence, compassionate employer"

Pros

Competitive pay, stimulating work, good life balance

Cons

Organizational structure, office layout, good-old boy promotions

"Bad management=Bad experience"

Pros

The people I worked with were very friendly, in fact I don't think I've ever gotten along better with any other co-workers. I enjoyed having lunch with them everyday.

Cons

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the management. They are full of selfish people who are only interested in getting their own objectives accomplished. My section constantly got work piled on us even though we had a deadline for something else to meet. I was promised that I would be trained on a forklift, but they never did, and when my supervisor tried to talk to them about it, they did not respond. As such I was criticized by the management for being "too slow". How can I work fast if I'm not trained on the machine that I need to pull boxes down!! My advice is to stay away from this company.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your supervisors when you are informed that more people are needed to meet a deadline. And stop blaming others for your own mistakes.