Schneider Electric - Former employee respectfully and thoughtfully offers review | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric

"Former employee respectfully and thoughtfully offers review"

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, good products, good benefits, mobility, excellent overall training structure, Good vision to future trends, cutting edge technology, good marketing.

Cons

Has lost the personal touch and humanity of it's days prior to - SE - purchase. - SE- is a good company too and did a good job integrating APC yet, it seemed a "colder" place to work. Worse, several current and past associates have said there is an ( of course) unstated prejudice toward mature employees in front line positions. Current end users and partners advise that APC is "giving away" large areas of business. - This is good business sense when a sector is unprofitable however, in this sense, the individuals mean that there is too much churn and customers become frustrated by the confusion and lack of attention. One former employee ( who I always thought to have a negative attitude) said very unflattering things about APC management. This insulted me at the time as I was very loyal to APC and wanted to be distanced from negativity. I still would not like to admit that I worked for and was loyal to a company which advocates contribution to the global family yet, has cold and calculating management methods; but that person's statement keeps surfacing in my thoughts. There is no perfect employee or employer. APC can be a good place for you if you are considering.

Advice to Management

Churn has been a customer complaint for quite a few years. Slow the attention to growth. Foster continuity for customers sake.

Other Employee Reviews for Schneider Electric

"Beyond Frustrating"

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fairly consistent work, decent pay and benefits.

Cons

They're mired in the "big corporate view" where those that make the policies never listen to or never have done the jobs they're regulating. Very inconsistent policies and change things constantly.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make 1 person do the work of 4. And LISTEN to your employees about what is required to do the job.

"Rewarding career in the energy space"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Environment is very laid back and there is no micro-managing so far as you show results
    - Learn a lot about power/energy and our solutions help customers minimize usage

Cons

- Compensation can be a the low end
    - One can be a contractor for 3 years before hiring