Schneider - My experience was an excellent learning experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider

"My experience was an excellent learning experience."

Former Employee - Truck Driver
Former Employee - Truck Driver

Pros

Schneider National does an excellent job with training. They also keep money in your pocket while your training. I enjoyed driving for Schneider National

Cons

Schneider National could have paid more attention to the fact that I was a new driver and tried to send me on easier trips first then ease me in the the routes ment for more experienced drivers. Getting through to the DM was a nightmare.

Advice to Management

I suggest Schneider hire more DM's to assist with the heavy call volume they have. Especially for the new drivers.

Other Employee Reviews for Schneider

1. "Ok Company to work for."

Pros

The benefits are great and bonus is good
    Decisions are data driven well thought through.
    Good experience with a lot of very fun and cool people. I enjoyed my time there and it was a great place to be

Cons

Ownership and accountability with zero authority
    Clear seperation between VP levels and above
    Poor recognition from Senior Leadership
    Lack of mentoring new employees to grow.

Advice to Management

Grow your employees! The amount of money spent on recruiting and hiring is all lost when employees are unhappy (salary, promotions) and move on to greener pastures. Customer requirements are key to success in business growth, but employees are needed to be groomed and mentored to help enhance the SLI values and produce confident and successful people. Remember: Attitude reflects leadership.

"Ok for a job but not a career."

Current Employee - Driver Services
    Current Employee - Driver Services

Pros

Schneider is a stable company with decent benefits. It's a good place to gain experience and put on your resume.

Cons

Very slim chance of promotion. Management would rather hire someone with no experience over someone who has been with the company. Pay is low compared to other companies. Communication is the worst I've ever seen. Office morale is lower than you can ever imagine. Lot of back stabbers that will use others to look good in front of management and management seems to love these types.

Advice to Management

Think about promoting from within. I have worked with some very knowledgable people that are more than capable of handling a management position but are overlooked for someone with absolutely no experience. Communicate changes before they happen rather than after the fact. Ask for more input from your employees instead of assuming you are doing a good job.