Schneider - Mindless Drones Wanted, work for Schneider! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider

"Mindless Drones Wanted, work for Schneider!"

Current Employee - Driver in Gary, IN
Current Employee - Driver in Gary, IN

Pros

One of the best company driver pay and benefit packages available, many different work-home configurations. Generally speaking, if you are an employee that focuses your entire life on the company, the company Will look out for you.

Cons

Frequent use of "Bait and Switch" tactics (See above about work-home configurations. They will claim availability of regional (approximately weekly time home), local (daily), or modified national (biweekly) configurations, but frequently when you go to inquire about other opportunities for being home, you will be told that they "aren't available in your area" or "aren't available at this time".

Advice to Management

My advice to Senior Management would be to retire! Unfortunately they don't know anything at all about a trucking company. They may be brilliant businessmen and women, but they're trying to run the company from an accountant's perspective and losing track of real ideas and issues at the ground level.

Other Employee Reviews for Schneider

"Nothing stands out about Schneider....just another place to get a paycheck."

Current Employee - Account Manager in West Memphis, AR
    Current Employee - Account Manager in West Memphis, AR

Pros

Hmmm....if I was there long enough, I could tell you. But as soon as I was hired, I was laid off. But I will say that for the short time that I was their, I learned a new skill that is helping me today in terms of marketability. That's a plus that I can see from working for Schneider National.

Cons

Lack of communication...lots of secrets and deceitfulness.

Advice to Management

Instead of waiting until the last minute to say anything about changes in job security, give the employee a chance to know what is going on business wise....don't wait until the day of to say "We've been feeling this way about your department for some time now".

"It can be great, it can not be great, depends on who your leader is"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Green Bay, WI

Pros

Many great managers, most of them with great knowledge of company and their own job. Most managers have an open door policy and are encouraging to employees. The pay is very comparable to other local companies and benefits are not bad, of course who wouldn't want them to be better, but they are not bad.

Cons

Some mangers should not be managers. There is still fear of layoffs, people aren't feeling as secure as they once were. Although they have been accommodating to me and my schedule, I still feel like my luck will run out soon and if I don't comply I will be out of a job.

Advice to Management

Sit in with lower level employees more, or better yet, actually sit on the CS floor and be involved, instead of in some office off in the wing. Choose your managers below you carefully.