Cover image for Schneider

Current Employee

Good company but DBLs Lie

Nov 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Keep you moving. Okay pay Get home on time 98% of time Sign on bonus Keep trucks maintained Treat decent over phone

Cons

DBLs lie but that's an individual character flaw, not the company. Forced dispatch, try to put you on accounts without having the respect to ASK a driver if they want that account. Planners will try and overbook you if you let them, you just have to stick to your guns. No APUs so hard to make bonus during hot months. No pet policy or plans to. I'm gonna switch to a company that has a pet policy once I get 1 yr under my belt.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a great Company to work for

Nov 27, 2022 - Drayman in Green Bay, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

No micromanagement . Always honoring hometime

Cons

pay is average . Trucks is governed .

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meh

Nov 21, 2022 - Driver Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is saner and more reasonable than others in the industry - there is a sincere culture of safety, that’s not just lip service, and for career minded people who are willing to put their butts in a seat let that be that, it’s fine. The people there are generally friendly and competent.

Cons

Like so many other big companies they’ve lost their touch and can’t admit it. It’s a top down culture in a bottom up world. They’ve got no clue how to properly onboard their office staff, no clue how to properly delegate, and there’s a constant powerlessness/victim culture when it matters most. A general lack of accountability. It took them over 5 years and 4 iterations of a redesign for the driver team leader position that still completely misses the real opportunities and advantages possible for the role. They’ve specialized many roles/responsibilities to a fault, there are far too many interdependencies that create massive delays and breakdowns instead of efficiencies. Communication overhead is a massive liability and I don’t think they even know what that means. Almost everything we do is driven by interruptions and reactions, there’s not really a chance to make anything different or better. Their IT department is Frankenstein’s Monster, if one thing goes down or changes it wreaks havoc on many other things, and that happens a LOT. So what you see is what you get - and

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Schneider.

Schneider Photos

+ Add Photo
Schneider photo of: Van Truckload
Schneider photo of: Dallas STM Brokerage
Schneider photo of: Our people are great!
Schneider photo of: Lindsay, one of our female Diesel Technicians
Schneider photo of: Ride of Pride Trucks
Schneider photo of: Our Corporate headquarters lobby in Green Bay, WI
Schneider photo of: Welding on one of our trucks.

Schneider Job Seekers Also Viewed