Schneider - Worst Manager I've Ever Had!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider

"Worst Manager I've Ever Had!!!"

Former Employee - Driver Business Leader in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Driver Business Leader in Dallas, TX

I worked at Schneider full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After having this job, everything else I will do seems easy! Easy to network with individuals across the company.

Cons

Huge work load, poor management and support at Dallas OC, no work/life balance, accountabilities include things that you can't control, requests are never followed up with, Oracle based software is not user friendly, no one that works in the division cares about anything but themselves (not a team environment)

Advice to Management

Fire all management at the Dallas, TX division and get someone that actually can lead people. OM has a bad attitude/hard to get along with and will never step in to assist when short staffed; DM lacks knowledge on the software and never keeps his word on anything.

Other Employee Reviews for Schneider

"New employee with mixed feelings"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schneider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I will have to say first of all that I am a new employee driving for less than a month. Flexible about giving you requested days off. Potential for great earnings but you have to be willing to stay over the road for awhile. Very good about fixing problems (repairs) as they occur. They do not push you to make eta's.

Cons

The current truck that I am in is a piece of junk and there seem to be a lot of them like mine on the road. Hard to reach anyone after 5 in the evening and almost impossible to reach anyone on the weekends. You have to watch your paycheck, they make errors. This is trucking and they will send you just about anywhere and it is hard to get out of an assignment without really good cause. Training in my opinion was not adequate.

"It's all about the almighty dollar with them"

Current Employee - Driver in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Driver in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Schneider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Schneider will hire anyone with any or no experience.

Cons

They first tell you that you can make up to $60000 a year. You start out at 28 cents a mile. You average about 2000 miles a week. At 52 weeks a year...you figure it out. To make that kind of money you would have to work for Schneider for 20 years and I've spoken to drivers that have and they don't make anywhere near that much ($20000 less a year). After you get raises your miles go down. They lose so many drivers before a year is up because they get no miles. They constantly hire new (inexperienced) drivers because they don't want to pay the extra money for experienced drivers. New drivers get a lot of miles at first because they're cheaper to pay than old ones. The dispatchers (DBL's) do not care about your problems or miles. They are taught the things to say to you to keep you quiet. It's really bad. I've almost completed my 1st year with them and I'm looking for another company.

Advice to Management

Get back to what old drivers tell me Schneider used to be. They used to take care of the drivers. Now it seems it's all about making the dollar.