Schneider - Good company to learn the ropes of the transportation industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider

"Good company to learn the ropes of the transportation industry"

Current Employee - Company Driver in Stockton, CA
Current Employee - Company Driver in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Schneider part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, solid equipment, and good employees. You will learn how to be a safe and efficient driver. Lots of challenging work assignments.

Cons

when freight is slow, you wait.

Advice to Management

Continue to upgrade technology and equipment. Value your employees and focus on the root of good business -- communication at all levels

Other Employee Reviews for Schneider

"Orange fish rot from the head down."

Current Employee - Sales in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Sales in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Schneider full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best quality drivers and front line associates in the industry. Dispatchers, mechanics, drivers, etc. are world class.

Cons

Company has been shrinking for years. If Executive team spends most of it's time preparing their story-line so they can bedazzle board of directors. ZERO financial transparency. Bobble head & politics: to advance in the company one must bow to the top 3 executives (CL, MR and BM). While bowing to those three, your butt is facing the customer and the people doing the work.

And the bigger the dog, the closer to home they poop. Financial misallocation; inappropriate relationships; intimidation & clever remarks reign.

This leadership team used to mock Don Schneider behind his back. Not sure why Chris doesn't seem to recognize those same things are going on behind his back. Simply a lack of loyalty to one another, much less to the people who are putting the food on the table (i.e. Drivers and front line).

Advice to Management

Long term performance is an indicator of leadership effectiveness. We've been shrinking while competitors are growing. The ERP migration has taken a decade and leadership talent has bled out.

SNI is a living testament to this axiom:
    - If a leader has integrity things always get better over time.
    - If a leader doesn't have integrity things always get worse over time.

My hope is that you have time to begin taking inventory of your behavior; acknowledge the wreckage you've created at home and begin making amends. When it's all over, in your last day, no one at SNI is going to be there for you (trust me, NO ONE from SNI is going to be there for you). You're only hope for a future is to restore yourself with those who love you. (trust me, NO ONE at SNI loves you....well, she might say she does, but she's just in this mess because she's confused.)

To my direct leader - I've served to survive. But when it get's too heavy I'm going to put my burdens aside - and then I'm going to pick the world up and drop it on your head.

"was a Great start to a career"

Former Employee - Team Truck Driver in West Memphis, AR
    Former Employee - Team Truck Driver in West Memphis, AR

I worked at Schneider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they have a great training program

Cons

low pay not so great pay

Advice to Management

to please get a clue