Schuff - One of the Best Companies i Have Worked For | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schuff

"One of the Best Companies i Have Worked For"

Former Employee - Field Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Field Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Schuff full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

State of the Art ,Excellent Employee training,Room for advancement,Well rounded Upper Management,They don't spare money when it comes to Employee safety,and tools needed to complete a job

Cons

Lay-Offs, They Don't look in the company first before filling a upper position,

Advice to Management

When you have a employee with 20yrs experience ask him if he wants the position before you hire outside the company

Other Employee Reviews for Schuff

1. "Dont waste your time"

Former Employee - Maintenance Foreman in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Foreman in Orlando, FL

I worked at Schuff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Disrespectful , management doing drugs in office

Cons

I worked for this company as a maintenance foreman. I worked there for a little over a year. When I started they had 5 of 25 overhead cranes running. I personally saw to the repair/replacement of the rest. When all 25 cranes were running and in good shape they let me go and replaced me with someone for half the pay. Classy

Advice to Management

Stop abusing your employees

2. "Very low pay, very unorganized management, and the welding machines are on average 20+ yrs old are crap!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Welder in Ottawa, KS
    Former Employee - Welder in Ottawa, KS

I worked at Schuff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have money to take care of there building conditions like rotten walls,dead animals in wall insulation, flooding in most areas of shop when it storms, very bad equipment, they get what they pay for..... Cheap employee equals cheap quality of production....

Cons

Welding machines barely run, they won't replace bad gougers, grinders,or bad leads.... They expect excellence,but because machines are so very bad they are always blaming the worker for issues.

Advice to Management

Pay to have buildings conditions fixed for your employees,Pay your people what there worth not what you can get away with, replace every machine that's older than 10-20 plus years old!!! When you hire a employee that discloses there disabilities,age ,size and limits and you still choose to hire them ,your company can not pressure them to push past there abilities. Share there info with your bosses so there not put in a position they physically can not do. If you hire them for equal opportunity you should not fire them for same..... And stop letting brown-nosers get away with whatever they want when you other workers see this they lose their respect for management, supervisors,etc.