Schwan's - Leadership who is in the dark. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Schwan's

"Leadership who is in the dark."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Pros

Ability to take time off when requested. Schwan was great about allowing people to take time off when they wanted to.

Cons

Schwan has a passive-aggressive style that is prevalent. They say one thing to your face and then stab you in the back as soon as they can. Management says, "We are in this together! What can I do for you?" and the next week you're totally on your own.

Advice to Management

Take a good look in the mirror. You are leading from within a bubble. The board needs to understand that to really excel in this market, leadership needs to be able to play against the big boys - and with such limited experience, i.e. 20+ years with only Schwan by Flack and Olsem, it just isn't there.

Other Employee Reviews for Schwan's

"Terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MN

Pros

My boss usually lets me take time off when I need. Paychecks are reliable, with direct deposit.. There's a 401k plan.

Cons

Management is unorganized. Different departments compete for resources. Information is not shared.

Work life is very political. The decision makers have been there 20-30 years, and they do not want to try anything new. It's a good-old-boy's club.

I don't have the tools and resources to do my job. My coworkers are friendly to my face and they stab me in the back. People don't help each other.

Schwan's is going down hill in a hurry. For 20 years now, they've failed to invest profits in new equipment and technology, and now everything is old and antiquated. Rather than try to fix the problem, they're looking for someone to blame.

Schwan's is a terrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Fire Greg Flack and bring in someone who knows how to run a food company -- someone with experience and a proven record of success. We need someone who has seen different ways of doing things. Our new CEO should evaluate senior management for effectiveness, and most of them should be fired, too.

Before it's too late (and it may already be too late), invest in new infrastructure.

"Behind the times"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MN

Pros

professional development, ability to make an immediate impact on the business

Cons

poor pay and benefits, very few promotional opportunities, not enough resources to accomplish goals